Taking your first steps toward a more gut-healthy lifestyle?
I get it: Starting a new diet’s daunting, and I want to make this as easy as possible for you. So I went ahead and detailed some of my favorite gut-friendly meals below.
Just a heads up: In the interest of giving practical, applicable advice to anyone that happens to read this, the meals below are intentionally kept super–basic.
This isn’t your traditional “recipe” post with detailed instructions and numerous ingredients. That said: Each of the meals below are as yummy as they are simple. Even so: Feel free to season, alter, or expand on them however you see fit (and share your modifications in the comments below!).
Three Crazy-Easy Gut-Healthy Breakfasts to Kick Off the Day
- One egg (cooked in coconut oil),
- Half an avocado, and
- One cup of fruit (I recommend pineapple, kiwi, or raspberries).
- One piece of sprouted, sugar-free, organic sourdough toast,
- Two tablespoons of sugar-free almond butter, and
- One cup of fruit (Switch it up and try apples and oranges).
- Half a cup of sautéed spinach,
- Half a cup of sautéed onions, and
- Half a cup of sautéed asparagus, served over
- Two eggs (scrambled in coconut oil).
Three Crazy-Easy Gut-Healthy Lunches to Fight Afternoon Fog
- Two cups of cooked quinoa,
- Half an avocado (cubed), and
- Half a chopped onion, dressed in …
- Two tablespoons of either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Four ounces of cooked salmon or chicken thigh,
- One cup of salad with arugula or dandelion greens, dressed in …
- olive oil and mustard, topped with …
- A fourth cup of chopped almond.
- An open-face sandwich with sprouted whole grain sourdough toast,
- Two tablespoons of hummus,
- Half a sliced tomato, and
- Half a sliced avocado.
Three Crazy-Easy Gut-Healthy Dinners to Finish Strong
- Four ounces of chopped chicken thigh,
- Half a cup of sautéed kale,
- Half a cup of sautéed leeks, and
- Two cloves of chopped sautéed garlic, dressed with …
- One tablespoon of olive oil,
- One tablespoon of mustard, and
- One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Half a cup of broccoli sautéed/roasted in olive oil,
- Half a cup of cauliflower sautéed/roasted in olive oil, serviced with …
- Four ounces of cooked salmon or chicken.
- Two cups of cooked quinoa, dressed with …
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, topped with …
- Baked zucchini, and served with …
- Half a cup of Jerusalem artichokes sautéed in coconut oil.
Three Crazy-Easy Gut-Healthy Snacks to Curb Hunger
- Four tablespoons of hummus, and
- One cup of carrots and celery sticks
- A fourth-cup of roasted almonds.
- A cup and a half of mixed fruit (my favorite combo is pineapple, kiwi, and strawberries).
Want a More Comprehensive Gut Health-Friendly Diet Plan?
Like I said: Quick, easy, tasty, and simple. Gut health-friendly “recipes” anyone can follow!
But obviously those are just meant to be the start. I don’t expect you to live the rest of your life on those nine meals.
All my love, dear one!